My name is Tasha, and this isn’t my first time blogging.
I’ve actually blogged extensively over the years, mainly with Livejournal when it was at its peak of popularity. That one was pretty personal though, and kept private. But I realized how much I liked sharing my experiences with the world and doing that, I’ve met some pretty awesome people along the way.
While approaching my 30s and becoming more content with who I am and what I wanted out of life, I wanted to step away from the typical melancholy and dramedy of post college writing. I wanted to focus on subjects that are more near and dear to me. I then tried out an art based blog, a fashion blog, and more recently, a mommy blog. I didn’t focus on those quite as much, because I found myself wanting to write about more things, but since what I wanted to try to stay theme-specific, I didn’t. I got frustrated with the whole thing because I felt like I was pigeonholing myself. Anyone who knows me personally knows I am as indecisive as all get out, and my spectrum of interests is broad and extensive.
Then I discovered the “lifestyle” blog. So perfect for creatively driven but totally scatterbrained me.
With that said, welcome to Mama Craftista, a lifestyle blog dedicated to…well, my lifestyle. Not just crafts like the title implies (though that is a big part of who I am), but other things that tickle my fancy…music, vintage plus size fashion, photography, first time mommy hood, DIY, relationships, etc. This is me, tied up in a cute little bow.
A few things about me:
- I live with my boyfriend of three years, Angel, and our two year old son, Angel Junior. We are totally opposite and yet so much alike. He given me the peace of a (virtually) drama free relationship and he is truly my best friend. Best of all, he gave me a beautiful, healthy and amazing little boy. For a long time I was convinced that I would never have children, so Little Angel was a complete surprise. They both have changed my life in so many positive ways, and I thank God every day for them.
- I’m short. Like really short. Barely 5’2″ on flat feet. I never really realize how short I am until I try to reach something in the kitchen cabinet.
- I’m barefoot 80% of the time. This is mainly because I have such a hard time finding cute, comfortable shoes for my ridiculously wide feet that are not orthopedic.
- Purple is my absolute favorite color. Pink comes in a close second.
- I adore flower hair clips…hair accessories in general, really. I try to wear one with every outfit.
- I prefer natural stones over gems. Opal is my favorite.
- I love house music, underground neo soul, and jazz. I’m starting to get into country music as well.
- I prefer lipgloss over lipstick, but when I do wear lipstick, it’s usually a mauve type color.
- I had my tongue pierced in college, but took it out for a job interview a few months later and it closed up. I never got it repierced after that.
- I have a tattoo on my left leg.
- I’m a hair dye addict. I’ve been blonde, blue black, honey blonde, fire engine red, purple, etc. Up until recently I made a conscious choice to not dye my hair and let my natural color grow out, and I had almost forgotten what it looked like.
- I was born and raised in Westchester County NY, but I lived in the Virginia for four years (2007-2010). As a result, I have a slight southern drawl to my speech that I just can’t seem to shake. Now working in NYC, I can’t for the life of me convince people that I grew up a mere 30 minutes north of Manhattan.
- I love everything vintage. Fashion, photographs, decor…something about times of old speak to me. I’m particularly fond of the 40s-50s era, during the time my Grandma(my mother’s mother) was young. As a child she used to tell me all sorts of stories of when she was growing up, and she didn’t really do a lot of updating to our house, so it was loaded with old items from back in the day. Since then, I’ve loved all things vintage. It makes me feel at home.
Well, that’s all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet!